PDA

View Full Version : lost file

harkeychad
2008-10-24, 04:46 PM
Can anyone tell me where the backup files are located on the hard drive? Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-24, 04:57 PM
If its not workseted, theyre right next to the the model, with a name like MODELNAME.0001.RVT.

If its a worksetted project, theyre right next to the central in the form of a backup directory that you need to open with File > Backups.

But i think it will still require the file to be present for the backups to work, but i could be wrong...

jspartz
2008-10-27, 04:03 PM
If you are looking for a non-saved backup, they don't exist. Revit doesn't save incremental backups while you are working on something. The only backups you can go back to are when you saved the file, unless you tweak the journal file and run it as a script.

harkeychad
2008-10-27, 04:25 PM
Yeah, sorry I was talking about Autocad files. I just ended up making the file over. (Small one)

tedg
2008-10-27, 05:15 PM
Yeah, sorry I was talking about Autocad files. I just ended up making the file over. (Small one)
You realize you're in the "Revit Architecture - General" forum asking about an AutoCAD file right? :p
That's like going to Burger King asking them about a Big Mac. :lol:

Anyway, even though you fixed your problem the answer would be:
The backup AutoCAD files live in the same directory as the drawing lives with a .bak extension, an example: "your_drawing.bak"

Please note, this is only IF you have "Create Backup Copy With Each Save" checked off in your "Open and Save" preferences.

Okee dokee?