PDA

View Full Version : WALL JOIN MASKS WALL LAYERS

mmiles
2008-10-27, 03:49 PM
Can anyone tell me why the lines of this wall join are being masked? When I use edit wall join, I can see it cycling through the joins, and the lines of the different wall layers are visible. But, once it finishes (giving me no options) the lines disappear at the join.

And, is there a solution to get them to display the lines automatically?

thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-27, 03:58 PM
Select the horizontal wall > Select the blue dot at the end arriving against the vertical wall > Right click > Disallow join > at the top menu select Join geometry > Join both walls.

Sometimes when the walls don't want to automatically join properly, disallowing the automatic join and using the join geometry tool is the way to go.

Andre Carvalho

mmiles
2008-10-27, 04:41 PM
Andre,

I don't seem able to "right click" the blue dot. It just keeps unselecting the dot- no choice to disallow join. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-27, 04:47 PM
Andre,

I don't seem able to "right click" the blue dot. It just keeps unselecting the dot- no choice to disallow join. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

See attached images. The blue dot is there when i select the horizontal wall. Right clicking it allows me to select the option "Disallow Join".

Maybe you are selecting the temporary dimension dot?

Andre Carvalho

mmiles
2008-10-27, 05:38 PM
okay, it was sensitve to where I placed my mouse, but I was able to get the menu to pop-up which I disallowed the join. Then I used the join geometry tool, but it does a similar thing but in a slightly different area with the two walls. So I tried it again, but this time I tried a different selection order (Vertical wall 1st) and it cleaned up well. I don't understand the selection order preference but, hey, now it looks correct, so thanks!:)