PDA

View Full Version : Dimension Text Moves After Editing a Witness Line

bskripac
2008-10-27, 04:49 PM
I am having an issue where I have an established dimension string on a wall and have dragged a few dimension out from their original location so they add a leader line and read more clearly. You can see this in the "before image". Everything is fine until I go back to edit the dimension string with the Edit Witness line tool so I can place a dimension line to the center of the access panel seen in the sketch. Once I do this and of the dimension in the string that have been drug out seem to move to a different location as seen in the “after” image. Obviously this is a huge pain as this happens every time you modify the dimension string.

It only seems to occur when adding a witness line, not when you move a dimension or remove a dimension from the string.

Has anybody seen this before?

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-27, 04:53 PM
We have discussed this issue a few days ago... Take a look at the original thread:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=88731

I hope it helps you in some way.

Andre Carvalho

bskripac
2008-10-27, 05:13 PM
Thanks for passing along the conversation...I guess it is a bug and we will have to wait for it to get fixed. I have also noticed the last post about when you override the dimension text to show something like "Verify in Field" or something, the text goes away when you modify the dimension also. Hopefully both of these item will get addressed soon.

lcamara
2008-12-02, 12:01 AM
I just discovered this problem, and it's still present in 2009 WU3.