PDA

View Full Version : Symbolic Lines displaying on multiple levels

mmiles
2008-10-27, 09:15 PM
I have made an in-place family of a chimney mass and fireplace. In the plan view on level one I have placed some symbolic lines to display the proper line weight of the cut plane of the firebox. things look good....but on the level above, the same lines delineating the firebox also appear. The family has voids cut for the flue, and a solid placed within it to model the flue liner, too. At the second level that shows as intended. I cannot seem to get the lines from level one to not display.

How can I control the depth to which symbolic lines display? the same is true of a masking region that I placed within the family at the 1st level.

nnguyen
2008-10-28, 01:19 AM
I have made an in-place family of a chimney mass and fireplace. In the plan view on level one I have placed some symbolic lines to display the proper line weight of the cut plane of the firebox. things look good....but on the level above, the same lines delineating the firebox also appear. The family has voids cut for the flue, and a solid placed within it to model the flue liner, too. At the second level that shows as intended. I cannot seem to get the lines from level one to not display.

How can I control the depth to which symbolic lines display? the same is true of a masking region that I placed within the family at the 1st level.

There isn't a way (that I know of) that you can contol the depth of which the symbolic lines display. Symbolic lines show up whenever the family it resides in is cut by the view cut plane. What you might have to do is use model lines. Not the greatest solution, but it has worked for us.

Chad Smith
2008-10-28, 02:13 AM
You could also try using sub-categories to control the visibility.

mmiles
2008-10-28, 01:53 PM
Sub-categories seems like a good approach to me. Ironically, the PM of the project wants the two fireboxes directly over one another (which may not actually work out in the field) instead of offset which would be typical. This works to my advantage in that I can make use of the problem- now. Although, I think I will explore the sub-categories idea. And, model lines may be a necessity. thanks, guys.