PDA

View Full Version : Crossing pipes

mark.187588
2008-10-27, 10:57 PM
Here's a fun one...

I imported my sewer pipe network into the applicable profile, but once I started adjusting invert elevations I started getting different sized ellipse (see attached...note the middle manhole has an ellipse so wide it spans the entire width of the profile). Not only am I getting ellipses (ellipsi?) of different sizes, I'm getting the ellipse when its simply one pipe into a structure, one pipe out, along the same bearing. I guess my question is: Is there a way to limit the ellispe to a certain pipe angle crossing (i.e. show an ellispe if the crossing pipe is perpendicular or within 10-15 degree of perpendicular)?

This is a serious disaster and any help would really be appreciated.

-Mark

dmanning
2008-10-29, 11:33 AM
That looks like a style problem. Edit the style for those pipes and change the display in the Profile view direction to not show Crossing Pipes inside and outside wall. Take a look at the attached PNG for clarity.

ReidS157562
2008-10-30, 02:03 PM
I agree with the response above. It's a style issue. I created a style that is set to display just the ellipses in profile view for pipes that are attached to a structure but not part of the profiled alignment. You can add these crossing pipes to the profile and set them to use a Style Override so they display correctly.