PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Renderings from RAC 2009

ArchWestCY
2008-10-28, 08:30 PM
I am just getting a chance to dive into the Mental Ray rendering engine for Revit. Setting up the materials and lighting was easy. The Rendering dialog is easy, but I can't seem to Export an image with a quality higher than 96 dpi. I have tried using the Printer setting and setting the dpi to 300, but it still exports as 96 dpi. Does anyone know how to export high quality renderings from the new Revit?.

Thanks for the help
Chris

I am reposting this thread here as the Tips and Tricks forum is probably not the best place for it. Please excuse the double post.

Munkholm
2008-10-28, 09:16 PM
Chris.

Revit renders the image in the chosen resolution, however i noticed that Photoshop will always read the outputs as beeing 72 dpi, but at a larger size.

The below screen dumps, is from the same file, rendered in revit with 300 mm wide at 150 dpi. The first dump is how Photoshop reads the size on open, at the second dump I changed the size back to 300 mm, andthe resolution to 150 dpi.

Notice that in both cases the image is 1772 x 1104 pixels !
In short, Revit does what it´s been told to do...

ArchWestCY
2008-10-29, 01:57 PM
Well said. I get it now. I was also able to go in and up the Size of the finished image to fit on the paper that we intended to print it on. Thank you for your time and help.

Chris