PDA

View Full Version : No object styles for Revit Links?

rganter.97143
2008-10-28, 09:38 PM
Is it true that a linked Revit file visibility can only be controlled by Visibility Graphics, not globally by object styles as is possible for Autocad links? Or am I missing something here? A little bit of background: We had to link a separate project into out current project just for the 3d-view on our cover sheet. The link was needed only for this one view only. Unfortunately the linking messed up a lot of elevations, sections and details and we had to individually go through each view to turn off the link using VG in over 100 views.

Is there a better way? Someone might say "view templates" but I'm worried that this will affect graphic overrides that we don't want to loose.

DaveP
2008-10-28, 09:54 PM
Assuming you're in Revit 2009, you can create a View Template that only applies the Linked Files settings. You may have to create several if you need different settings in Plan, Elevation, and Section ,but it will still be much simpler than opening every View

luigi
2008-10-28, 10:02 PM
As Dave mentioned in Revit 2009, all you have to do is create a view template and "deselect" all items except for the "Revit Links" and turn off that Linked view....

There is one way to do it before 2009, and that is to create a brand new workset that is "not visible in all views" by default....and assign that link to that workset....

this will make the link not visible in ALL views....then, you can go to your 1, or 2 views and turn ON that workset, thru VG...

HTH,

Luigi

Is it true that a linked Revit file visibility can only be controlled by Visibility Graphics, not globally by object styles as is possible for Autocad links? Or am I missing something here? A little bit of background: We had to link a separate project into out current project just for the 3d-view on our cover sheet. The link was needed only for this one view only. Unfortunately the linking messed up a lot of elevations, sections and details and we had to individually go through each view to turn off the link using VG in over 100 views.

Is there a better way? Someone might say "view templates" but I'm worried that this will affect graphic overrides that we don't want to loose.

rganter.97143
2008-10-29, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone, that works well. I hadn't noticed that the view templates now allow you to apply view settings to certain items only.