PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameter in a Door Tag

ededios
2008-10-28, 10:07 PM
Good Day,

I'm confused on what I'm doing wrong. I hope someone can help me.
I have a shared parameter that is used in my Door family, Door Tag, and Door Schedule. The parameter works in the schedule but not the tag, I have to edit the door tag and edit the label and add the shared parameter again as new. I should say, it was working when I was setting it up and testing it. I've added those parameters and the door tag to my template, and that's when it doesn't work, and I have to open the door tag etc.

It would be great if it worked as part of my template. I hope I make sense, I've been frustrated over this, any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you!

d.stairmand
2008-10-28, 11:15 PM
Elisa
You should Load the Shared Parameter first Under "Project Parameters", assigning it to the Door Category. Unfortunately you can add a Shared Parameter to the Schedule & it doesn't pop up within the Project Parameters. You can then Load the Tag up within the Project. The Tag Shared Parameter Label should then be a Blue Question Mark (if unlabeled) If its still red - then the Shared Parameter needs Loading within the Project.

ededios
2008-10-29, 12:23 AM
Dwane,

Firstly thank you.
I do have the shared parameter loaded in my project parameters.
In the way I understood your reply, my thought is I shouldn't have the door tag or schedule as part of my template. So I tried different options. With and without the tag loaded, and same with the schedule. In doing that, there is no problem with the schedule being loaded, but there is with the door tag. I have to leave it unloaded for the parameter to work on the door tag.

That seems strange, but I"m guessing it's correct? Could you confirm that, please.

Thank you again!