PDA

View Full Version : revit 7.0

sopori
2004-10-01, 07:23 PM
hello everyone and thanks for the inputs...Do we have new Revit7.0 in market?

What are its new features?

Ss

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-01, 07:55 PM
It has not been announced or released yet...but it is definitely sooner than later now...

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-01, 08:42 PM
Today is the official announcement date of Revit 7, but we have yet to hear of any details of what's new in the software.

Scott D Davis
2004-10-01, 09:02 PM
Today is the official announcement date of Revit 7.....
huh? Where did you hear that from?

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-01, 09:34 PM
huh? Where did you hear that from?uumm, Scott...Wes works for a reseller...

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-01, 09:35 PM
We've known of this date for a few weeks. Last night at our users forum the Autodesk rep had R7 on his laptop, but couldn't tell us anything because it wasn't today yet. This being 1 October it means Autodesk will be making an announcement shortly about R7; what will be in that press release? I have no idea...

Still, as resellers we don't seem to have a lot more information than the general public. We do know who to talk to a bit more if we want to prod and pry, though!

bh
2004-10-01, 09:53 PM
Wes loves to be the first to mention thses things. Here is what we know and were allowed to say as of today:

"Autodesk Revit 7 and Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series 7 software products are scheduled to ship at the beginning of December. Customers will be able to download the Release To Web (RTW) version of new releases on or about October 25, 2004."

I have no further info about what is in the product unless I guess based on facial expressions by Autodesk employees at last night's user forum. I must say they were very good at keeping a straight face in light of some of the questions raised.

Stay tuned, as Wes said, I'm sure we won't be the first to know.

Bob Heyman

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-01, 10:15 PM
Actually, I was really hoping someone who knows more than us would post here. More than particular features - which are always nice - it's the overall direction of the software that is most interesting. New releases tell that story better than anything.

barathd
2004-10-01, 10:50 PM
Bob:

Pardon me for asking but what the heck is "Release to Web".

Thanks

beegee
2004-10-01, 10:54 PM
That means you can download the new release before you get your CD in the mail ( which takes quite some time after the "release to web" )

barathd
2004-10-01, 11:01 PM
Beegee:

After hearing all of this chatter about this momentous day in December I didn't dare think such a thing was possible. This is indeed good news. Thanks for the explanation. In other words Revit 7 must be nearly complete as of now.

Scott D Davis
2004-10-01, 11:16 PM
Matt Jezyk with Autodesk Revit has been posting some Revit 7.0 building images over at news://discussion.autodesk.com/autodesk.revit

They are incredible!!! I'll ask him to repost here....but in the mean time, you have to get over there and check them out!!!!

sfaust
2004-10-01, 11:34 PM
:shock: :D :Puffy:

I think that pretty much sums it up! Those are awesome!!!!!!

barathd
2004-10-01, 11:57 PM
Very intriguing images - mystery deepens. I think your right Scott - very very Sketchupy to me. Extremely impressive.

beegee
2004-10-02, 12:24 AM
Building Maker eh.... very intriguing.

and - perspective sections with shading and shadows.... hmmmm...

Roll on October 25th. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GuyR
2004-10-02, 01:39 AM
WOW!!

Is the shadowing in section etc a rendering process or (nearly) instant?

Roll on the 25th.

Although the improvements in this area were well known it's still bloody impressive seeing the results for the first time.

Guy

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-02, 01:50 AM
Wow, Scott - thanks for telling us the heads-up. I don't think the Revit team has ever pulled back the curtain like this before the release date.

The Autodesk rep at our users forum last night said that the new features were incremental more than anything else, not a huge leap, etc.

So what does a huge leap look like then?

This is a huge leap forward. The massing tools finally mean forms can become built elements.

Dick, all your nightmares are about to come true! And I couldn't be happier...

How do these guys do it? Autodesk got themselves an incredible product here ladies and gentlemen.

Nic M.
2004-10-02, 11:59 AM
If this is a small Leap forward ?? what's on the stove then....

Very Very impressive...
Thanks for sharing the images

sjsl
2004-10-02, 08:25 PM
Holy Cow Batman!

...3D shades and and shadows in perspective

...Sketchup-like stuff (I think)

...Awsome massing stuff

...Cool organic shapes

I think I just peed myself!

Great things from our factory friends! Keep up the good work!