PDA

View Full Version : How to schedule coordinates?

Taans
2008-10-29, 10:43 AM
My project is a resort with many bungalow, restaurant,... on toposurface. For each one, I want 2 points for positioning and schedule them with x, y, z coordinate. I tried using simple families but couldn't find out any of property (or parameter) for the fields of schedule. I guess using linking file and shared coordinate is better but I don't know how.
Pls help me. Thanks in advance.

Scott Womack
2008-10-29, 11:26 AM
My project is a resort with many bungalow, restaurant,... on toposurface. For each one, I want 2 points for positioning and schedule them with x, y, z coordinate. I tried using simple families but couldn't find out any of property (or parameter) for the fields of schedule. I guess using linking file and shared coordinate is better but I don't know how.
Pls help me. Thanks in advance.

Revit does not think in coordinates as AutoCAD did. Not sure how to accomplish what you want. There is no way to schedule the x,y,z, coordinate of anything in Revit that I know of.

aggockel50321
2008-10-29, 11:46 AM
If you set up your shared coordinates to your site plan, you can then use the spot coordinates tag (Drafting Tab / Spot Dimension / Spot Coordinates) to show the coordinates at a point.

Steve_Stafford
2008-10-29, 12:30 PM
You might find Aaron's post from last year (http://malleristicrevitation.blogspot.com/2007/05/revit-random-and-different-platforms.html) sometime on his blog as a possible strategy?

Taans
2008-10-30, 12:43 PM
Thank you all,

andrew: That's right, but can not schedule it.

Steve: Very nice trick from Aaron, that's what I need. I'll try to find out way to get Z coord. (may be offset from a level). But hope Revit should have a "formal" tool for that (or I haven't known yet).

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-30, 12:52 PM
Taans-

You could add in a similar reference plane with dimension and constraints for the Z direction, you would just have to pick whatever level its *hosted* on for its origin. I didnt do it in that example becuase i was placing coords on a flat floor.

I would send you the file, but its on an external HD packed away at home. Maybe if i remember to dig it out tonight, ill grab it for you... But its easy to put together...