PDA

View Full Version : In House Discilines

harkeychad
2008-10-29, 02:00 PM
We are about to start our first project in Revit using Architecture,MEP, and Struct. It is a very small project and just not sure on something. Should the MEP and Struct just set up their file with there own Levels (that I have stated) or aquire the Architects. I am pretty sure we are just using linked files. Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-29, 02:06 PM
Youre going to get different answers on this, because some people despise the Copy Monitor tool, BUT... In my HUMBLE opinion, if its something thats subject to change as the design progresses, whoever will be dictating it should HAVE it in their model, and everyone else should Copy Monitor it in to their models.

I do that for Levels and Grids...

harkeychad
2008-10-29, 02:34 PM
Thanks, That is what I am going to do.

harkeychad
2008-10-29, 04:09 PM
So I used the copy/monitor tool, but when they did that for the Levels, those Levels do not show under the PB. They did however have the two levels that are OOTB. I had them change the levels to be first/second floor and match the heights. In MEP the headings under the PB are different than the level marks. Why is that? I also linked there's in and it was about 10' to high? What am I missing? Thanks

sbrown
2008-10-29, 04:35 PM
You need to make a floor plan view for those levels. they don't automatically make plan views.

harkeychad
2008-10-29, 04:38 PM
Thanks. I will try that

Scott Womack
2008-10-30, 10:28 AM
Thanks. I will try that

The other reason that you'll want separate models is that the MEP in particular recalculates every portion of every system when you STC, and when you load it. My previous employer (an A/E firm) also found that the MEP had to be loading a localized copy of the architectural model, disassociated from the architectural central model, otherwise it tied up the architect's model when the MEP STC, and prevented the architects from accessing the model during that time.