PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using or tried E-Specs for Revit?

sjsl
2004-10-01, 08:57 PM
We are considering buying a copy of espec for trial and just wonmdering if anyone has used it or not?

Thanks.

Scott D Davis
2004-10-01, 09:05 PM
Awesome piece of software! We had them come to our office and give us a demo....I was very impressed! We received a proposal from them, but the management has yet to make a decision if we are going with it yet or not!

At a minimum, I want to use it to more effectively edit/process our specifications....regardless if we tie it into Revit. I like it that much! It would be a 'bonus' to have Revit and E-specs working together!

MikeJarosz
2004-10-01, 09:12 PM
We had them in also, and our spec writers were thrilled, especially when they found out there is an Acad version. The price was reasonable too.

I don't know if we've gone any further with it though. One revolution at a time, please.

cliff collins
2004-10-01, 09:16 PM
Just had a live-webcast presentation last week---got "demo" version today---
will be giving it a go on 2 different projects next week----looks like yet another
really great idea. The webcast is great for demonstration to small group.
It is a database type program, and "links" with the Revit database. It does not automatically update as in a truly "linked" pair of programs--like ADT/Viz used to do--
so you have to reload after changes are made--but still it is the best way to go for
better spec writing, and having the model and specs electronically tied together.

We wonder if Revit will incorporate this feature into it's program? Or will Autodesk
purchase license or "buy out" E-Specs?

Will post back to let you know how it works on real projects.

Cheers.....

cbc

Wagurto
2004-10-02, 04:34 PM
Is there any link to the web site of e-specs I would like to take a look to the program
thanks

John Anderson
2004-10-02, 06:57 PM
Here is their Revit/E-spec promo:

http://www.e-specs.com/pdf/especs-revit.pdf

I have also been investigating this and look forward to reviews from Revit users.