PDA

View Full Version : NEED simple yet custom fill pattern.

keyp
2008-10-29, 03:14 PM
Help, i have looked high and low for a custom fill pattern that would depict horizontal siding in alternating widths of 4" and 10" or 6" and 10".
Anyone have something like this or can someone guide me as to how to create it myself?
Thanks

cliff collins
2008-10-29, 03:35 PM
You create a custom .pat file--just like Autocad.
A bit tedious, but it can be done with a bit of patience, trial and error, and
looking at how the default .pat files are written. There are lots of previous
posts on this, and some Help files in Revit.

Important: there are both Model and Drafting patterns.

Model patterns will "stick" to the wall and show in all views.
Drafting patterns will only show in 2d views where applied.

cheers....

sbrown
2008-10-29, 03:59 PM
when you say alternating you mean on one wall there is a line 4" away from another, then 6", then 8" etc?

all you need to do is create a .pat file, look at the revit.pat file for the format and search for hatch patttern creation on google. You create these the same as in autocad. it a text file. so yours would be very simple something like

AUGI Strangelove
2008-10-29, 04:44 PM
I have a question for the people on this thread:

This .pat file creation method looks like computer programming to me, which i have not done since fortran on an apple iie running dos. I am something of a fan of superhatch in autocad; can this command be used to create a .pat file from graphic input, whether drawn in acad or revit?

Andre Carvalho
2008-10-29, 04:59 PM
I have a question for the people on this thread:

This .pat file creation method looks like computer programming to me, which i have not done since fortran on an apple iie running dos. I am something of a fan of superhatch in autocad; can this command be used to create a .pat file from graphic input, whether drawn in acad or revit?

You can try Hatchkit, then... http://www.cadro.com.au/hatchkit/

Andre Carvalho

AUGI Strangelove
2008-10-29, 05:07 PM
Excellent. Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

keyp
2008-10-29, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the help.
After several hours of trial and error i got it to work. It really wasnt too hard, it's just VERY specific and I tacked it onto a similar PAT file.