PDA

View Full Version : Why are my Rendering patterns doing this?

Scott D Davis
2003-05-06, 10:32 PM
This is a very quick rendering I did to test a few things for an exterior walkway. Notice the brick pattern is following the perspective lines, when it should be perpendicular to my sidewalk.

Anyone know whats up with this?

Bryan Sutton
2003-05-10, 10:57 PM
Scott,
Is the sidewalk running project north - south or east - west in your scene? As we don't have complete texture mapping controls in Revit/Accurender, you will have to make a rotated version of your material in the material editor to the appropriate angle that the sidewalk runs in your scene.
cheers
Bryan

Scott D Davis
2003-05-11, 02:37 AM
so if my sidewalk happens to be 22.45 degrees west of north, then I am going to have to make a pattern which is rotated 22.45 degrees? Wow.....what a pain! My sidewalk also changes direction to another off-angle....so I will have to make two! Might be easier to model a brick, and copy/array it, and then give it a brick color.

When does AR4 come out? Does anyone know if Viz Render will allow material rotation?

Kroke
2003-05-12, 02:15 AM
Yeah, we should be able to select an object and have the material rotated to any desired angle. Just like the real accurender does... Hope we get more tools to be able to control the textures in future builds. It's frusterating, I know...I have to do the same thing to do fascias on the rakes, one for every pitch, then also the same for every pitch going the other direction...harsh.

JTF
2003-05-12, 03:46 PM
Is this the same problem as you have Scott, and as Kroke stated about the orientation of materials. And if so what is the fix and if not in the same category what problem might I be having.

The material is asigned in the properties box to the roof finish material but it also happens if I use a filled region.

See image.

Thanks Todd

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-15, 03:18 AM

Does anyone know if Viz Render will allow material rotation?

Yes Scott viz render (taken from viz and max) has a control orienting the direction of your material. They have this so called UVW mapping modifier applied to the object for you to be able to orient the material mapping the way you want it.

tatlin
2003-10-29, 01:31 AM
The orientation of your roof shingle surface pattern is a different problem than the orientation of Accurender textures.

From the image you posted, it looks like you have assigned a drafting pattern to the roof. Drafting patterns are usually used for more symbolic patterns like crosshatch or concrete.

If you assign a model pattern you will get what you expected and fix the problem you described. Model patterns are used to indicate real world objects like brick, CMU or roofing. You can do a search on "Model vs Drafting patterns" in Help, the FAQs, Zoog or alt.cad.revit to find out more.

matt jezyk
autodesk revit

Is this the same problem as you have Scott, and as Kroke stated about the orientation of materials. And if so what is the fix and if not in the same category what problem might I be having.

The material is asigned in the properties box to the roof finish material but it also happens if I use a filled region.

See image.

Thanks Todd