PDA

View Full Version : How do you do Suite Areas?

sami
2008-10-30, 04:07 PM
How do you do Suite Areas?
the Area Plan creates a separate view. I simply want to have on my regular view, saleable are, Gross floor area and Total Floor Area..

in ArchiCAD I would just make fills with an area tag on them, is this not possible here..

cliff collins
2008-10-30, 04:23 PM
You can simply use Rooms, and do a colored plan, with Color Fills turned on under Room
category. Room tags can show the Area/sf automatically.

Rooms can be colored by Department, etc.

Area Plans are also useful in what you seem to be trying to do.

Cheers....

dfriesen
2008-10-30, 04:28 PM
How do you do Suite Areas?
the Area Plan creates a separate view. I simply want to have on my regular view, saleable are, Gross floor area and Total Floor Area..
Create an Area Plan, draw in the area boundary lines where you want them, tag the areas, turn off the model geometry, and then place the area plan on the sheet over top of the floor plan, snapping into alignment. Using this method, you could do several different area schemes on one drawing sheet.

We have also been using the Area Plan as our floor plan, and have not run into any problems so far.

sami
2008-10-30, 09:13 PM
thanks for the replies,
the area plan is a bit of a strange tool it acts differently than everything else, all the corners act strage (see attachments)
how do I avoid these strange corners because it means the area is calculated less than it should be..

dfriesen
2008-10-30, 09:19 PM
I never let it create the area boundaries by itself - it's never quite the way we need. It's tedious to go through and create our own (making sure to uncheck 'apply rules' everytime), but it's the only way to get it right.