PDA

View Full Version : schedule - item count

john.110848
2008-10-30, 11:14 PM
schedule

use furniture schedule as a form to this question

ie
i am working on a clothing store, and i have 20 different cabinet fixtures, no1 to no20

in autocad, produce a furniture schedule, ((assuming i am not using the smart scheduling)))))

this schedule will be like
Column one = fixture number
column two = fixture description
column three = fixture count

all the items in the schedule are not "live", have to input and modify manually

if i want to provide the same schedule in revit

the furniture itself is parametric, contains all the tags

the columns of the schedule will look similar

column one two and three will be smart....great

Question

Let’s say for a particular project, I am only using fixture 4-20, 1-3 will not be use

The results of this schedule will only show fixture 4-20

What if I want the schedule show all fixtures, but fixture 1-3 have not been physically placed onto the revit fixture plan

one way is to place a row of the entire fixtures 1-20 onto somewhere above the plan, and alter the scope box so it wont print

Under the schedule parameter, have a new column, set a “calculate value” of [count -1 ], that should do it

BUT

Revit won’t allow the use the column “count” as a formula

THE OTHER OPTION

Use if statement

If (x=null, 0, x ) …but I don’t think revit have “null” value

or else do some extra crazy column…….to take column x -1 , and show it in column y……..ahhhhhhh

Any suggestion???

Simon.Whitbread
2008-10-31, 02:52 AM
While I don't condone cheating, its easy enough - just introduces the human stain into beautiful math.

Anyway, here goes...

Create an instance parameter which is a number (called in this case Numba)

Each piece of furniture has that parameter filled with a 1

Out of view - create more furniture (the ones you want as place makers and change the Numba parameter to 0

Create another schedule, hide the Count field and rename Numba to COUNT

see attached

use with care!!!

john.110848
2008-10-31, 04:09 PM
thanks for the eloquence and the beauty of your thoughtful idea

but here is the challenge

how can one avoid the adding of that row of furniture with different tag!

john.110848
2008-10-31, 07:47 PM
please see the screen save to further describe what i am trying to do

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-31, 08:04 PM
This is one of those things that- in my humble option- you just change your working methodology over. Were making up ways to defeat the schedule, trick the schedule, model things in outer space.... And for what: To say something ISNT in the model.

Id cover it with a Text note. Fixtures not present in schedule are not used in the project. And if theyre still shown in a Legend somewhere, that will avoid the confusion.

I understand the output that you WANT and are USED TO... But it seems like a lot of hassle for something that isnt going to really help...

john.110848
2008-10-31, 09:05 PM
I appreciate your response but disagree

For firms that does commercial retail project, this is a very important tool

I am not looking for "hassle", just thought I can throw this out, and may be the developer might see that - "if" there are benefit and if there could be possibility to this feature, which may enhance the program in the future

if it is not possible right at the moment, and may never be...who knows!
this may not be anything you ( you in general) need, if this can be a feature down the way, it might help someone, wouldnt that be good???

Please, I am not trying to **** anyone off......its like math, when its interesting, I kept at it, i may be in a dead end right now, but how else do you discover!

Scott Womack
2008-10-31, 09:26 PM

I am not looking for "hassle", just thought I can throw this out, and may be the developer might see that - "if" there are benefit and if there could be possibility to this feature, which may enhance the program in the future

this may not be anything you ( you in general) need, if this can be a feature down the way, it might help someone, wouldnt that be good???

Please, I am not trying to **** anyone off......its like math, when its interesting, I kept at it, i may be in a dead end right now, but how else do you discover!

If you feel it is a worth while feature, then go to the Wish List forum, fill out the form. If it gets accepted, then it'll get voted on by the Revit population. Who knows, it might make the wish list AUGI will turn over to Autodesk at an AU in the future.

twiceroadsfool
2008-10-31, 09:46 PM

Im not saying its not possible, just saying i personally dont find it worth the effort, but different folks for different strokes. :)

BTW, i do Commercial retail allllllll week, hehehe. Cheers :)