PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions are off when printed

nsinha73
2008-10-31, 06:36 PM
Have you guys come across this?
All my dimensions are off after we print it to our Laserjet or Large format Printer.

Try it in your Printers that are Larger then 11x17s (Tabloids)
Trying printing a wall that is 100'-0" and dimension it.....print it at 1/8"=1'-0"....then measure it.
See if it is exact.....

Thanks

Andy.88917
2008-10-31, 07:52 PM
Depends on your printer but we spent a bit of time configuring our Xerox 8830 to print to proper scale. It has internal settings that stretch or squeeze the print to the proper size. We also had to configure the location of the image on the paper, the margin space and locations, etc. Once configured it works great though!

nsinha73
2008-10-31, 08:45 PM
Depends on your printer but we spent a bit of time configuring our Xerox 8830 to print to proper scale. It has internal settings that stretch or squeeze the print to the proper size. We also had to configure the location of the image on the paper, the margin space and locations, etc. Once configured it works great though!

How would I do that? :-D
Pardon me for my intellect here.......we also need adjust, any idea who or which site I can get this info / instruction from

Thanks

aaronrumple
2008-10-31, 09:27 PM
Your plotter vendor should be able to supply you the information.

Also don't print PDF's from Revit with the default "Fit to Printable Area". This will shrink the prints. Use None for page scaling.