PDA

View Full Version : Export to Autocad Architectural Objects

BecFra
2008-10-31, 06:53 PM
I wish that Revit MEP had the same option to export 3d views as Autocad Architectural/Autocad MEP Objects like Revit Structure. We are using Revit MEP to set up our floor splices for architecture and structure to export and then runing clash detection in AutoCAD MEP..(our current MEP modeling software)

Will we have to have our structural department export the 3d views to be albe to use this option. Pooey.

mwiggins121466
2008-10-31, 07:33 PM
If you switch your view to a 3D view then export do you get what you want? It is my understanding that the export is WYSIWYG. Note: you must click in the 3D view to get all of the options to highlight.
HTH

RobertB
2008-10-31, 08:56 PM
I have to agree with you Margaret, looks like a training issue. Exporting a 3D view results in 3D objects.

BecFra
2008-11-03, 01:42 AM
I understand that you have to be in a 3d view to export 3d objects.. however in Revit Structure under the options button you can select to export to "Autocad Architecture objects" instead of just ACIS Objects. It would help us out if Revit MEP had this same options, interference check inside of AutoCAD MEP works better this way.. or at least calls out the solids better.

Our Mechanical/Electrical Departments needs to export Architectural Revit models into 3d solids to bring into AutoCAD MEP and this would help out some...