PDA

View Full Version : Unable to highlight Object sby "hovering over" with mouse.

pirit4
2008-10-31, 09:34 PM
Here is the situation. I have a 60mb Revit arch model. a 60 mb Revit Structure model. They are Linked together. I noticed that when I open up a section view and "hover" my mouse over an Architectural wall, it doesn't highlight anymore like its supposed to. I can make a pickbox and select the wall that way, but the Architectural walls don't highlight anymore. This file is the central file and it is not a workset problem b/c I have all worksets enabled/editable. The funny thing is (maybe not so funny) that if I change the display mode to wireframe, I gain back the ability to highlight my Architectural walls by "hovering over" with my mouse. also, If I go into visibility graphics and disable the structural workset, I gain the "hovering over" highlighting ability again. This is odd and I have never seen this before with the models that I have linked so far. Also, there are certain elevation views that work fine and do not have this problem. Could anyone help? What is going on? I have revit Arch 2009 latest patch and Revit structure 2009. I highly doubt that my model is corrupt. I tried running an audit and I also have the 3 gig switch enabled and still would not work properly.

Mr Spot
2008-10-31, 10:30 PM
It sounds to me like in the structure file there is some element concealing the selectability of your model. Is there a large glass wall or some weird family in that file?

To picture it, I'm imagining that in your view there is a big mass element in front of everything, but is still allowing you to see what you need to see. This is the object that is being selected first and thus stopping you from being able to select other elements without using the tab key or turning off the link.

Does this help at all?

kpiciullo868769
2011-10-17, 05:45 PM
I am having the same problem. It seems after a certain amount of time i am unable to hoover over objects to select them, and these are object i was previously able to. To be clear i cant hover over anything to select. I have tried syncronzying, closing all other hidden windows, docking the properties and project browser, reinstalling the whole program and its still happening...i dont know if its just a setting or what. The only way to be able to hoover and highlight again is closing and reopening Revit, and then its only a matter of time until im unabl to select again.
My company has also been in contact with Autodesk and they havent given us any clear answers.

Does any one know a solution to this?

cdatechguy
2011-10-17, 06:20 PM
Just a thought....go to Options...Graphics tab and see what your selection and highlight colors are...if they are a dark color you may want to change them.

We had the same issue, for some reason they were set to black, so you could not tell they were selected or highlighted on white background....on a black background they totally disappear.