PDA

View Full Version : elevation tag

Tabz
2008-11-03, 11:17 AM
i am trying to create an elevation tag to show on plan view. The default one loaded in revit is a circle with a filled arrow on the end. I want to midify this and create my own. Any ideas?

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-03, 01:29 PM
You can't. Your only options are the circle or the square one.

Andre Carvalho

BIMTom
2008-11-03, 06:44 PM
You can cheat: Make the marker as a Section Tag and place all your elevations as sections. You will need to turn off the section tail and drag the cut line into the marker (hiding it). After that, open the section "elevation" and make sure the crop region is what you wanted.

Sections created using your custom family will sort together in the Project Browser.

Yes, it's a funky workaround, but at least it will let you create your own section marker.

patricks
2008-11-03, 09:45 PM
Too much headache and possible confusion IMHO (elevations showing up in the browser as sections, etc). When our office went Revit over 5 years ago, we just accepted the elevation tag as it is and use it.

BIMTom
2008-11-04, 01:38 PM
I'll admit, it's ugly. It's just a way for the "I cannot practice architecture unless my elevation tag is the same as it was in Autocad" crowd to be closer to happy.

cek
2008-11-05, 11:43 PM
I've recently restructured my Browser ordering and with the simple selection of a drop down parameter value I can drive the Section into the Elevation list. Without this control I can see how it could get difficult to locate the elevation drawings, with them being located in the sections list. I have to admit it is a creative work around. One which I plan to implement given the office standards I need to adhere to.

It does raise the question of whether or not a workaround pushes an issue to the back of the bus when it comes to upgrades.

Thanks Tom!