PDA

View Full Version : How do I rotate this plan??

oshalygin
2008-11-03, 05:57 PM
I dont want to rotate the building but in the space I'm working I just wanted to rotate this so that it is at a 90" angle with the drawing space

so basically i want to rotate this thing like 30ish or something degrees(not sure how much, thats what Im trying to figure out)

heres a pic

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/liquidoleg/rotate.jpg

patricks
2008-11-03, 06:06 PM
Turn on the crop region, select it, and rotate it. Keep in mind that if you need the building to rotate 30 degrees to the left to make it straight up on the sheet, you need to rotate the crop region 30 degrees to the RIGHT.

nsinha73
2008-11-03, 06:06 PM
Hi oshalygin,
Activate the Crop Region so it's visible. Then select the Crop Region and rotate that....

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-03, 06:08 PM
Is this the true north? If yes and you want to keep it, you can use the Tools > Project Position/Orientation > Rotate project North.

If you just want to rotate one view, you can turn on the crop region, select it and rotate the crop region.

Andre Carvalho

oshalygin
2008-11-03, 06:10 PM
Turn on the crop region, select it, and rotate it. Keep in mind that if you need the building to rotate 30 degrees to the left to make it straight up on the sheet, you need to rotate the crop region 30 degrees to the RIGHT.

Hi oshalygin,
Activate the Crop Region so it's visible. Then select the Crop Region and rotate that....

Is this the true north? If yes and you want to keep it, you can use the Tools > Project Position/Orientation > Rotate project North.

If you just want to rotate one view, you can turn on the crop region, select it and rotate the crop region.

Andre Carvalho

noob question, how do i turn on the crop region??

I just rotated the plan and it actually rotated the whole floor(which i dont want it to do). I just want to rotate the view so I can work on it. I dont want to actually rotate the building/floor itself.

Thanks guys

nsinha73
2008-11-03, 06:17 PM
See the Video

oshalygin
2008-11-03, 06:29 PM
See the Video

thanks got it now! :D

rlewis.82510
2009-03-03, 11:35 PM
Once a plan view has been rotated, How can I un-rotate it? I have some view that somehow have become rotated about 0.25 degrees (I have no idea exactly how much). I want to put them back vertical.

Update: I worked it out.
Turns out the Project North was set a minute amount off.
Change views to true north then rotated then via the angle box to type in -90.