PDA

View Full Version : Line Patterns in 3D Perspective Views?

saeborne
2008-11-03, 09:05 PM
Hi All?

Is it possible to get line patterns to display in 3D perspective views?

For example, if I have some model lines, and I want them to display as Dash Dot Dot.

I am having difficulty getting the linework tool to work in 3D views. Is it because it's just not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

cliff collins
2008-11-03, 09:40 PM
You should be able to see model lines in 3d perspective or axonometric views.
If you want them to a specific line type, you can adjust them.

Example:
Exterior elevations with horizontal and vertical reveals.
Perhaps instead of modeling all the reveals, model lines can be placed on the walls.
Go to a 3d or camera view, make sure Lines are turned on in the Model category.

You should see the lines in 3d views.

cheers...

saeborne
2008-11-03, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the reply, Cliff...

I can get my model lines to show in 3D perspective. However, I can't get the line pattern to appear properly.

For example, the line style is called "Dashed" but in the perspective, it is a solid line.

The linework tool only seems to access the line types that are continuous, solid lines.

So I'm guessing it's not possible to override a line pattern in 3D perspective views.

cliff collins
2008-11-04, 03:04 PM
From Revit Help:

"In perspective 3D views, you cannot specify segments for projection edges, and you cannot change the line pattern. However, you can use different line colors and weights."

So--looks like you can not currently display line patterns in a camera view.

Cheers....

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-04, 03:11 PM
Check the scale of the 3d view. Grab the crop region, and click SIZE in the Option Bar. Make sure you put it on SCALE and make the viewport much bigger. Sometimes things dont show up right because of the size of the 3d View...

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-04, 03:19 PM
Whoops, nevermind. Doesnt work. odd, i wouldve sworn ive seen them used for site plans... But it mustve been in the regular axon 3D view...