PDA

View Full Version : Roomtag / Areatag leader arrowhead dissappearing

sbrown
2004-10-04, 02:48 PM
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have a job which in SD I had numerous Area tags with leaders with "filled dots" on the end of the leader. At some point I looked and all the filled dots were gone. I checked the properties of the tag and it still said "filled dot" was the arrow head. My room tags had dots at this point. So now I move into DD and I load another room tag style and some of the arrowheads dissappear and now they are all gone.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-04, 03:10 PM
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have a job which in SD I had numerous Area tags with leaders with "filled dots" on the end of the leader. At some point I looked and all the filled dots were gone. I checked the properties of the tag and it still said "filled dot" was the arrow head. My room tags had dots at this point. So now I move into DD and I load another room tag style and some of the arrowheads dissappear and now they are all gone.
Yes, I have seen this behavior and It was also with the "filled dot" style. I have no idea what caused it, but changing the arrow style to another one fixed it. Must be a bug :(

-Z

sbrown
2004-10-04, 04:09 PM
I tried changing the arrowhead type , still nothing.

ilya.bass
2004-10-05, 11:08 AM
I tried changing the arrowhead type , still nothing.

please submit this to Revit Support - we'll be happy to investigate.

http://pointa.autodesk.com/local/enu/portal/signin.jsp

thanks

sbrown
2004-10-05, 01:22 PM
I've tried, my file size is 60mb and the subscription web site won't let it upload. I've sent multiple emails to subscription support with no response yet(just sent yesterday morning). Now the problem is changing, now I see 15 degree filled arrows even though the family properties say "none".

I used to upload files via buzzsaw, but ever since the hurricanes I haven't been able to get a large file up to buzzsaw, it keeps timing out and reseting. I have submitted this bug before, so I know the shop has data, however in the past it was with area tags not room tags. I can burn it to a CD and ship it up there tonight. If you would email me the address I will make a CD and ship it.

ilya.bass
2004-10-05, 01:34 PM
I've tried, my file size is 60mb and the subscription web site won't let it upload. I've sent multiple emails to subscription support with no response yet(just sent yesterday morning). Now the problem is changing, now I see 15 degree filled arrows even though the family properties say "none".

I used to upload files via buzzsaw, but ever since the hurricanes I haven't been able to get a large file up to buzzsaw, it keeps timing out and reseting. I have submitted this bug before, so I know the shop has data, however in the past it was with area tags not room tags. I can burn it to a CD and ship it up there tonight. If you would email me the address I will make a CD and ship it.

I notified Support just to be sure and we'll definitely look into buzzsaw upload problems.

As for this particular problem, assuming you loaded family recently, you should be able to Save it into a separate file (File -> Save To Lib -> Save Family). Please try that and then load into a new file. If the problem reproduces in this new (smaller) file, you can upload or email just that one file to support.

sbrown
2004-10-05, 02:31 PM
I've done as you said and was able to reproduce. I will send in the small file. Thanks for your help.

sbrown
2004-10-05, 02:35 PM
An error has occurred creating business component 'Action' used by business object 'Service Request (eService)'. Please ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration.(SBL-DAT-00222)

Any idea what would cause this error on the subscription site?

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-05, 02:37 PM
An error has occurred creating business component 'Action' used by business object 'Service Request (eService)'. Please ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration.(SBL-DAT-00222)

Any idea what would cause this error on the subscription site?At Buzzsaw or the Subscription site? Try posting at subscription if Buzzsaw there is an add attachment option.

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-05, 02:54 PM
Do you guys have FTP instead?

sbrown
2004-10-05, 02:54 PM
I got my file there and the problem is identified. Currently Revit only supports 1 arrow type at a time for roomtags. So my problem occured when I loaded in a second room tag family and wanted it to have a diff. arrowhead. As long as all the arrowheads are the same type I'm ok. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. Thanks for all the help adsk.