PDA

View Full Version : Can't see family as I'm placing it

patricks
2008-11-03, 09:40 PM
Working in detail views, I am placing mortar joint components between pieces of cast stone. This is the OOTB line-based mortar joint detail component, attached below. For some reason I can't see the component until after the 2nd click for final component length.

Usually this happens if the active workset is turned off in that particular view. For example, when placing text with leader lines, the leader lines are invisible until after the text is placed if the active workset is off in the view.

However the current active workset is on in the view I'm working in, and yet the detail component is invisible as I'm placing it.

Can anyone else try it please?

patricks
2008-11-03, 09:43 PM
I also checked for conflicts with the annotation crop, but I turned off the view crop completely and still the same issue.

Other line-based families such as sheetrock, plywood, etc. work just fine. I can see the detail component and its length in real time as I'm placing those.

jsnyder.68308
2008-11-04, 02:09 AM
Well, you have company. Doesn't work for me either. Making size adjustments to the family types doesn't have any effect. I didn't have the gumption to try to make a new family from scratch for testing. No clues here.
Update: I got some gumption and made myself a new family. The new family appears after the first click as we would expect. The only thing I can come up with is that the Thickness parameter in the factory original is an instance parameter. If you make it a type parameter, it shows properly.