PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region area tag

sami
2008-11-03, 11:03 PM
is there a way to a Filled Region with a tag that identifies it's Area?

I want to use this as an alternative to using area plans, I find area plans too stiff of a system, since I can't show Total floor area and suite areas all at the same time on my normal view (unless I am missing something here)

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-11-03, 11:53 PM
Define what you mean by 'Show'
Can't you create your area plan showing unit areas and then create a schedule summarizing the areas to give you a total?

sami
2008-11-04, 05:39 PM
Well this is what I would usually do in ArchiCAD, I would draw filled regions around all my suite units each has a tag indicating it’s square footage, another filled region over the whole building with a tag indicating Total Floor Area, and another filled region around the entire building with shafts & mechanical spaces excluded, this tag indicates Gross Floor Area.

All these areas show on my typical floor plan, in Revit the thinking seems to be that an area plan is a separate drawings (which is probably great for working drawings stage) but at early stages I need something simpler. Revit’s filled region has an area (if you look at it’s property there is a square footage) I would just need to tag the filled region to show it’s area.

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-04, 06:38 PM
You cant tag Filled Regions.

Area Plans or unintelligent text and filled regions are the only ways to do what youre after. You can make multiple area plans though, with different schemes, for Gross Building and "suites"...

But areas are the way to go for the suites...