PDA

View Full Version : shadow studies with different color shadow

sami
2008-11-04, 10:58 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to do shadow studies where one building casts a different color shadow from the rest of the buildings?

In the past I have used ArchiCAD to create my shadow studies, I would do two versions one with our building and one without then use Photoshop to manually change the color of our building.. I’m hoping there is a better way in Revit..

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-04, 11:04 PM
Unfortunatelly no.

Andre Carvalho

Scott D Davis
2008-11-05, 12:10 AM
Ecotect will do this.

Norton_cad
2008-11-05, 02:03 AM
You could render the image without the new building, setting the sun colour as the default. Then add your new building, change the colour of the Sun, and re-render it. You can't superimpose one render on top of the other though. Just a before & after.

You can superimpose a non-rendered 3D view, but can't change the colour of the shadows. Adding Shadows to the Visability Graphics annotation tab would be a good improvement. Also the ability to export to ACAD, with the shadows interperated as a solid fill with a high transparency, would be good as well. Then at least in ACAD you could manually change the colour. Maybe next release......

sami
2008-12-03, 11:13 PM
some discussion on this same topic here:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=89059&highlight=shadow+studies

I think I will try my hands at Ecotect for future projects, hope it integrates well with Revit..

dhurtubise
2008-12-04, 03:18 AM
Definitely Ecotec, and pretty simple to do
The integration is not bad at all for now. I'm looking for more improvements now that they bought the company