PDA

View Full Version : Enable Analytical Model

dusky
2008-11-05, 04:25 PM
I've created foundation walls in the site plan which don't show up on the foundation plan. Some do and some don't the only difference, I can see is in the Element Properties Box, the visible ones have the Enable Analytical Model box checked. Those that aren't visible have no reference to that at all? Ideas or explanations?

MNsnowtaTy
2008-11-05, 04:46 PM
Try retracing your steps is there something you did for some of the foundation walls and somethings you didn't do for others?

dusky
2008-11-05, 05:25 PM
I've rechecked several times. Nothing was different that I'm aware of. The family is the same as are all parameters. The only thing different is the absence of the "Enable Analytical Model" in the properties dialog box. I can't find any information on how to bring that into Element Properties.

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-05, 06:18 PM
Make sure that the walls that aren't showing are set to "Bearing", "Shear" or "Structural Combined" (under Structural Usage) if you want the option Enable Analytical Model to show.

Andre Carvalho

djn
2008-11-05, 07:51 PM
If your walls are set to non-bearing, they won't show up if the discipline is set to structural. Maybe that is what is happening.

dusky
2008-11-07, 05:14 PM
That was the problem! Changing to bearing did the trick. Thanks!!!