PDA

View Full Version : Schedule for Exterior Materials

mmiles
2008-11-05, 10:05 PM
I would like to create a schedule (or maybe just a list) of exterior materials being used for my house project. Using a room schedule, we have tried just making up some new parameters but it is not really doing what we were hoping. This leads me to believe that the room schedule was not intended for this purpose of ours.

Does anyone have any suggestions for showing such a list of materials? I hope I am just missing something obvious. Thanks.

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-05, 10:12 PM
Use the material schedule. That will do what you want.

Andre Carvalho

mmiles
2008-11-05, 10:31 PM
Andre,
thanks.
Do you mean the "material takeoff" view(s)?

based on my limited experience that lists materials by family categories (e.g. walls, or windows) right? And then, it lists all the walls, for example.

What I want is to somehow list that the exterior elevations are made up of: Wood shingles; painted a certain color, made of a specific thickness; or, Stone, of a certain type, stacked a specific way; and, Sills, made of stone, or wood, of a specific color, etc.

Is there a way to create said list, or table, other than making a detail group of text notes? I will look more deeply into "schedules", in the meanwhile. thanks again.

vmalerbajr
2008-11-06, 01:10 AM
Actually i have a similiar question.... I have taged all my exterior elevations using material tags. when i go to make an material schedule it is extremely long.
does anyone know how i can make a schedule just with the tags that are placed on the elevations?
thanls!

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-06, 02:15 AM
Andre,
thanks.
Do you mean the "material takeoff" view(s)?

based on my limited experience that lists materials by family categories (e.g. walls, or windows) right? And then, it lists all the walls, for example.

What I want is to somehow list that the exterior elevations are made up of: Wood shingles; painted a certain color, made of a specific thickness; or, Stone, of a certain type, stacked a specific way; and, Sills, made of stone, or wood, of a specific color, etc.

Is there a way to create said list, or table, other than making a detail group of text notes? I will look more deeply into "schedules", in the meanwhile. thanks again.

Yes, I meant Material Takeoff. You can create a project parameter assigned to the elements you want to schedule their materials (walls, doors, windows, etc...). You can select the exterior elements and add something to the parameter you just created, so you can filter it later. Then you create a Material Takeoff (Multi-Category) and because it is multi category, you can select all the elements that have that parameter you just created (not just walls and not all walls, because you are not interested in interior walls). As per the list containing the description you want, it can be added to the material description itself. If you edit a material and go to the "Identity" tab, you can describe what you want in the comments field, and make sure this field is added to your schedule as well.

Andre Carvalho