PDA

View Full Version : Set Default Railing

ctc
2008-11-06, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know how to set which of your rail types is to be the default rail for a new stair?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-11-06, 04:53 PM
From the help file

While sketching new stairs, you can specify the railing type to use. On the Design Bar, select Railings Type. This tool is only available while sketching new stairs. When you select Railings Type, you are prompted to select the railing type from a list of existing types in the project. You also have the option to select None or Default.
To specify the railing type

On the Modelling tab of the Design Bar, click Stairs to begin new stairs.
On the Design Bar, click Railings Type.
In the Railings Type dialog, select a rail type. If the desired type does not appear in the list, you can quit the Stairs tool, create the railing type, and then restart the Stairs tool. You can also create the stairs with any railing type, and change the type after you have created the desired railings. For more information, see Railings (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Revit%20Architecture%202009\Program\HelpArchitectureENU.CHM::/WSfacf1429558a55debd637aff4f2f7abe-7f5f.htm).
Click OK. NoteThe default railing type when creating stairs is the railing type specified when you are in Railing sketch mode and click Railing Properties. You can change the default railing by selecting a new railing type in the Element Properties dialog. For more information, see Railings (mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Revit%20Architecture%202009\Program\HelpArchitectureENU.CHM::/WSfacf1429558a55debd637aff4f2f7abe-7f5f.htm).

Like many defaults' in Revit it's the last one you used. I'm not sure if there is a way to always make it one railing type.

ctc
2008-11-06, 05:02 PM
From the help file

Like many defaults' in Revit it's the last one you used. I'm not sure if there is a way to always make it one railing type.

Thanks. Yes I hoped Revit would allow me to "set" a railing type as default.