PDA

View Full Version : Export Rooms to DWG

rdkuffel
2008-11-06, 04:02 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to isolate a few room objects in a view and export just those isolated rooms to a dwg? I was able to isolate rooms in a view but everytime I export, the dwg contains all the room outlines.

Thanks

Mike Sealander
2008-11-06, 04:15 PM
I haven't used ACAD in a long time, but what are you trying to do? Rooms are not physical objects the way walls are.

rdkuffel
2008-11-06, 06:48 PM
I wanted to use the room outlines to help create a model in Sketchup. I have rooms grouped by department so, in theory, when I import them into SU the departments will be isolated into a component. We are doing our massing in sketchup, but using rooms in revit for calcs and floor plan layout. Thanks for your reply.

Scott Womack
2008-11-06, 07:47 PM
I wanted to use the room outlines to help create a model in Sketchup. ... in theory, when I import them into SU the departments will be isolated into a component. We are doing our massing in sketchup, but using rooms in revit for calcs and floor plan layout

Only the room outlines will export. No other portion of the room will export since it is not a physical object. Also, they will either com in on different layers, or all will be on one layer, no matter how you group them.

rdkuffel
2008-11-06, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE they will either com in on different layers, or [/QUOTE]
Scott, how do you get them on different layers? This may work. I was able to bring them all in on a single layer but i could not get them on differently layers. Thank you.

Scott Womack
2008-11-07, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE they will either com in on different layers,

I didn't have Revit open at the time, and could not remember what the Export file looked like. You are right, they only provide one layer for the room boundaries to export to.