PDA

View Full Version : Revit walls

lamont_edwards
2008-11-06, 04:25 PM
I am trying to create 6 1/2" metal stud wall with spray insulation that is 1 1/2" thick. How would I construct the wall to graphically resemble this situation in plan? I tried to modify the wall and add a hatch pattern in the air space unfortunatley the hatch fills in the entire air space, I want to control the hatch so that it only fills in the 1-1/2" offset. Also is it possible to create a hatch in revit that would graphically represent the horizontal line that represents the thickness of the spray as a squiggle line? (The latter is not that big of a deal)

rrothwel
2008-11-06, 05:16 PM
I am trying to create 6 1/2" metal stud wall with spray insulation that is 1 1/2" thick. How would I construct the wall to graphically resemble this situation in plan? I tried to modify the wall and add a hatch pattern in the air space unfortunatley the hatch fills in the entire air space, I want to control the hatch so that it only fills in the 1-1/2" offset. Also is it possible to create a hatch in revit that would graphically represent the horizontal line that represents the thickness of the spray as a squiggle line? (The latter is not that big of a deal)

highlight the wall, view properties-> edit -> duplicate (all changes will affect the wall that you have started with so best to duplicate and rename, then you have this wall type), then pick edit structure, here you can add layers to your wall, give it material, thickness even apply fill patterns for plan and cut views. You can add the layers add the substrate, core...... For the spray to show in plan you will likely need to be set on a fine detail level. I hope this is what you meant and it helps..

sbrown
2008-11-06, 10:46 PM
I use a line based detail component. Here is mine.

jontramos
2009-02-16, 04:09 PM
I just grabbed these to detail components... THANK YOU.
I love this forum... seriously.

Mike Sealander
2009-02-16, 04:19 PM
One other way would be to simply consider the portion of your stud cavity without insulation as another assembly: create a 1-1/2" insulation layer, and a 4-1/2 stud layer. I mean, the studs don't show up in views anyway. They are really a chimera of sorts.