PDA

View Full Version : Toposurface using Civil 3D file

ededios
2008-11-07, 01:37 AM
Good Day,

First question: Whenever we get an updated plan, we have to recreate our toposurface, and therfore our building padn, my users are getting frustrated at having to do that every time. Is there a way to update the toposurface without losing the building pad?

Second question: We have a basement in our building, there is a specific area/edge of our building where civil has shown a line that slopes, Revit just has a big hole there and not surface there and our sections look funby, does that make sense?

Thank you

Scott Womack
2008-11-07, 11:08 AM
First question: Whenever we get an updated plan, we have to recreate our toposurface, and therfore our building padn, my users are getting frustrated at having to do that every time. Is there a way to update the toposurface without losing the building pad?

No, there is no way to get the Topo to update automatically from within Revit.

aggockel50321
2008-11-07, 12:54 PM

Rather than recreating the topo surface, try bringing in the updated surface as a graded region, & see if that won't work for you.