PDA

View Full Version : Scale command??

Chad Smith
2003-08-14, 07:12 AM
How are people going about scaling a group of lines, or a group object.

Eg. I have a group of 2D lines that represent a bolt in a detail for instance and want to scale it up, how do you do this. :?:

I've heard that Revit can be a lot quicker to do 2D drafting, but how is this possible without fundamental commands such as scale.

I find myself having a hard time adjusting to Revit after being an AutoCAD user for many years.

Vincent Valentijn
2003-08-14, 08:19 AM
You're right.. you cannot scale in Revit.
This is not such a bad thing as it might seem to you now. I was an Acad user for many years myself and I was confused about such things in Revit too. But you will find out later... Revit is simply another world, with it's own rules.
To make a bolt, the 2D linework would not be of so much use as you might think from an Acad point of view. If you check out the available commands for making solids in a family you will see that you will need other [and much simpler] linework than the views. Just try I'd say.. construct your bolt! maybe you find it hard at first but once you get used to it.. it works like a jiffy.. ;) hehe

PeterJ
2003-08-14, 08:49 AM
I don't know how it is in Aus but here if you use a metric bolt (M10 etc) they all scale on the same principles, so I think the head fits in a circle of 1.8 x the shaft diameter and the depth of the head is .75 x the shaft dia, the chamfer on the flats is again a multiple and this logic holds fast across the entire series.

It would be nearly as quick to draw this as a parametric detail component in side and end elevations as it would be to draw it out once, so I would make it a family if you expect to draw this a second time.

P