PDA

View Full Version : Unit Schedules and sheet references, count totals

ososteph
2008-11-07, 11:20 PM
I'm working on a unit schedule for a multi-family housing project. This project used to be in ADT and we managed a unit schedule in excel. What I'm trying to do now is manage the same kind of data in a room schedule. I've attached the unit matrix that we used to work on. I'm finding it really hard to present the information in the same way, I know that it wont be exactly the same but Id like to get it close.
Here are my main questions:

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a parameter that shows what sheet the unit is on? I can add a parameter that I can just type the sheet number in, but I was hoping that it could do this automatically.

I've also had to incorporate a lot of hidden columns to deal with the fact that we have townhouses. The first and second floor are two separate rooms with 2 separate areas. I've added a parameter called "townhouse name", I then sort by that parameter and add a footer for the area total. The problem is, when I don't have a townhouse, and it is just a flat, I have footer that shows the same area again.

Maybe I'm just chasing my tail around in circles here, and I should just use revit for a simple schedule, I then import that into excel and then I format it in excel.
Any ideas?

mruehr
2008-11-08, 09:34 AM
Well i dont know about the Sheet reference
how should revit know ?,you could put a floor plan on any sheet, and Revit
shedules only in on category.
The rest should be fairly easy if in linked Files. if they are all in one project then i guess its a bit more messy as you mentioned.

azmz3
2008-11-08, 02:50 PM
i dont know if this helps at all, but here is an example of a door schedule I made for a Juvenile Detention Center. I was going off of an example from an old project. This is actually comprised of three different schedules, so they all pull from the same file, but I do have hidden columns, and for the most part the rest I have to fill in the areas by hand. Schedules can be a messy item in Revit because of the way it links to the items you are scheduling.