PDA

View Full Version : Help! Thin lines not showing in enlarged plan

crl_arch
2008-11-08, 01:04 AM
I just created a new detail view for an enlarged plan and the enlarged plan is not showing the thin lines that I have added on the parent view. The view settings for thin lines is on.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Craig

veronica.lamb
2008-11-08, 01:40 AM
If you added detail lines in the parent view then they will not be visible in any other views. They are view-specific, like annotation. You can copy them to clipboard, then use Paste Aligned to add them to other views.

Hope that helps,
-V

dbaldacchino
2008-11-08, 04:21 AM
1) "Thin Lines" is a STYLE, which can be used for both Model lines and Detail lines.
2) Detail Lines are view-specific while model lines show up everywhere the line category and subcategories are turned on, as long as the view range intersects the model lines.
3) If you're using dependent views and the parent view contains detail lines, then those detail lines should show up too.

What type of lines are you using? Are the subcategories turned on? Are you using worksets? Make sure you're not mixing "editing linework" with lines. Editing linework is view specific and changes show only in the view they're applied to. So if you apply linework changes in the parent view, these changes won't show up in the dependent view.