PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't get to authorisation page!

Lashers
2008-11-08, 12:13 PM
In September I had to rebuild my system and at the time the Adesk automatic authorisation was not working so they emailed me a temp code! Great! Now that the temp code has run out it would not let me get past the register button to authorise properly!

In the interim I have also installed 64bit, but I don't think this is the problem because I could not update before (back to my normal license) and had stupidly assumed that I just had to wait until the temp license ran out before I could do so.

I have attached the message when I click the register button and I have tried uninstalling revit 3 times including delethig everything "I can find" reffering to Revit and Autodesk in the interim but still no luck!

Anyone know where I can find this license file to try and delete it and see if it allows me to get to the authorisation page? I need to get back to work on a tender set! i have tried my supplier and emailed the activation peeps at Adesk as well but no reply as yet and I don't think they play at the weekend . . . well for small fry anyway ;)

Smiling thru the sadness!
Andy:?

ws
2008-11-08, 01:02 PM
I may be wrong but when I've had similar trouble (and I still have but with 3ds Max serial number) it has needed a reformat and reinstall of Windows to get rid of the hidden Autodesk license file.

I don't suppose there is anything in the subscription site that would help - I was told by a rep that Autodesk have two methods of activation and I know in the past I have had to go via the subscription site rather than directly from Revit activation page in order to register/activate the product.
However if your problem is not having a valid license there may be nothing you can do until they send you a new one - I think this has happened to me in the past also.

Best of luck.

Lashers
2008-11-08, 04:11 PM
Thanks William!
The one thing I don't want to do is have to reinstall Windows - I had to do it in september! By now they should be able to have a mini-program that we can run to remove the existing file and re-register . . as you point out mine is not the first time something like this has happened!

I'am a bit annoyed at myself for assuming that at the end of the temp license that it would let me replace it with my normal license! I feel like there is something odd going on as I can't even get past the registration button to the authoriSation page!

Guess I'll have to wait until Monday now.
Cheers
Andy

iankids
2008-11-08, 10:41 PM
Hi Lashers,

I am not sure it will help, but when I had a similar problem with a different bit of software I used windows "Restore points" to restore the computer to an earlier time which in that instance deleted - or at least made non active the errant serial number and thus allowed me to input the correct one.

Hopefully there is a restore point on your box which is before the installation of the temp licence.

It may not work, but it only takes a minute or two & is definately better than a clean install.

Cheers,

Ian

Lashers
2008-11-09, 01:37 PM
Thanks Ian, I'll give that a shot!

petervanko
2009-03-18, 03:20 PM
Ok...anyone ever get this to work?
I restored to an earlier point and it is still picking up the old <temp> license...