PDA

View Full Version : where 2 get software 2 convert revit 2 pdf??

rahulmdass
2008-11-08, 03:35 PM
does anyone know which s de best software dat i should use 4 converting revit drawings 2 pdf??

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-08, 04:24 PM
I don't if it is the best, but I personally use Adobe Acrobat 9 Professional. But you can find excellent PDF writers for free as well. Try searching in Google for CutePDF or PDF995...

Andre Carvalho

Mike Sealander
2008-11-08, 06:17 PM
CutePDF is a great little free application. I have the professional version also, which allows inserting and deleting PDF sheets, but I don't generally use those features.
You may want to wait for mark-up feedback from others, although it looks like the wind might be blowing toward ADSK Design Review.

Richard at AA
2008-11-09, 04:29 AM
does anyone know which s de best software dat i should use 4 converting revit drawings 2 pdf??

I used the CAD version of Bluebeam when I was using Autocad Architecture. I still use it with Revit and works great. It allows merging and splitting multi page pdfs and has a good set of markup tools.

scott.neumann
2008-11-09, 06:06 AM
We have been using the free version of PDF reDirect for a couple of years now and have had no issues. It even supports architectural sheet sizes - which some of the other free PDF writers don't.

http://www.exp-systems.com/

SCShell
2008-11-09, 03:11 PM
Hey there,
I have been using PDFCreator. Works great for me. Also handy for printing to PDF in other programs like Corel WordPerfect and others.
http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator
Steve

guy.messick825831
2008-11-09, 03:54 PM
My two cents, Acrobat Pro works fine, creates single file multi sheet .pdf files, etc. However, we have moved primarily to DWF files and Design Review. The fact that you can link your, and your Revit consultants, markups into your Revit project file is huge. We have found consultants, owners & contractors are coming around on DWF.

billy342601
2008-11-10, 06:14 PM
I have to recommend either Acrobat Pro or PDF 995, both work well at my office. I think PDF995 is cheaper, but still works fine for our use.