PDA

View Full Version : Revit Linking Issues

mjohns18
2008-11-10, 06:04 PM
I am working on a fairly large addition to a school, our structural consultant is on board with revit and we update our models periodically. Until this point the links have been working flawlessly. I just updated our Structural link in the Architectural model and while I am in a section or 3D view I can not select any architectural elements (doors, windows, walls, etc.) As soon as I turn the structural workset off revit will allow me to select these objects. Has anyone else experienced this? If so is this something I am going to have to live with or is there a fix? It’s not the end of the world it is just getting cumbersome to repeatedly turn structure on and off.

Thank you,

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-10, 06:28 PM
And what if you are in wireframe mode? Can you select the architectural even with the structural there? If yes, maybe there are some elements from the structural file that are "in front" of what you are trying to select...

Andre Carvalho

mjohns18
2008-11-10, 08:02 PM
Andre,

Thank you! using the wireframe was a success,

Is there a way to send that information to the background so It would not interfere with the objects that I would like to select in a hidden line mode?

Thank you again,

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-12, 05:24 PM
Andre,

Thank you! using the wireframe was a success,

Is there a way to send that information to the background so It would not interfere with the objects that I would like to select in a hidden line mode?

Thank you again,

No, there's no way to send the link to background... You will have to close the workset if you don't want to see it in more than one view when working or just select it and type HH to temporarily hide it in the view you are working. To bring it back, use the reset option from the glasses icon.

Andre Carvalho