PDA

View Full Version : roof issues?

bskripac
2008-11-10, 06:18 PM
I am trying to create the roof in the attached files. I was able to create it as two separate roofs, but wondered if I was missing something that would allow me to create it as one.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

jeffh
2008-11-10, 06:39 PM
This roof can be done with one object. See attached images. I did not quite get the geometry of the roof correct but if I had the wall layout I could have gotten it. To get the peaked portion on the one edge I split the segment in the middle, and then again closer to the edge. the 2 segments closest to the middle had slope defining turned off. I then added a slope arrow to those edges to form the peak. the slope arrow slopes would need to be adjusted to get it to match up to the main roof hieght (but that is just math.)

bskripac
2008-11-10, 07:12 PM
Jeff,

In my original post I have and rvt file with the roof and wall in it. The problem I am having is that the gable end on the corner and the adjacent roofs need to have a continuous fascia. When I used just the slope arrows when everything was one roof I got a really goofy outcome on the back side of the roof that looks like the attached image.

jeffh
2008-11-10, 08:15 PM
I am getting the same issue once I go to about 15' offset for the slope arrow. Not sure why? This one might be a canidate to send in a support request on. They will be able to work with it and prehaps check with development on why the geometry get funky when the slope is increased. I tried a couple of simple things but could not get it to work right.