PDA

View Full Version : Tricky wall clean up

AUGI Strangelove
2008-11-10, 07:40 PM
I'm trying to get the walls that are pictured in the center of the attached to clean up. The masonry dimensions of the core govern the placement of the wall, but at this particular location it looks like the cladding layers on the masonry are not playing well with each other.

The exterior wall has siding outside and furring on the inside. The masonry returns inside the building, where gyp board is attached to hat channels. Two storefront walls intersect as shown, and they seem to be causing trouble.

Any thoughts?

Scott Womack
2008-11-11, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to get the walls that are pictured in the center of the attached to clean up. The masonry dimensions of the core govern the placement of the wall, but at this particular location it looks like the cladding layers on the masonry are not playing well with each other.

The exterior wall has siding outside and furring on the inside. The masonry returns inside the building, where gyp board is attached to hat channels. Two storefront walls intersect as shown, and they seem to be causing trouble.

Any thoughts?

1. Are the Curtainwall/ storefronts hosted or cutting another wall? Even though what remains of that wall is above the cut plane, it can and will cause clean-up issues such as you are showing. Depending upon what the wall section through the vestibule might look like, try cutting the wall of the inner storefront vertically, and changing the portion that it is cutting to just the thickness, or less than the thickness of the storefront.

AUGI Strangelove
2008-11-11, 03:19 PM
OK. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks.