PDA

View Full Version : Creating an Arched Truss Structure with Canopy

SB1824
2008-11-11, 02:18 AM
I need to create an entry for a design project I am doing and would like to have an entry with an arched truss structure with either a canopy top or glass top. Does anyone know the best way to do this? I tried to create a new truss family, but it doesn't allow me to get the desired results. Please help. Thanks a lot.

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-11, 04:17 AM
Welcome to the forum! :)

There are a hundred ways to skin a cat, and depending on the intensity of the design, and how far along its progressed, there are a lot of ways.

1. Make a Family that is the entire truss (representative... like a generic model or something), and a simple Roof by extrusion over it.

2. use Structural Framing members to build the truss, and put the roof on top of it.

3. Make a truss family (is that what you were trying?). ive never made a structural truss family, so i dont know how they are to play with...

If its a very early on SD project, you oculd go with method one for now so you dont front load a ton of time in it, only to have the design scrapped later. Im sure some others will chime in...