PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Grid Off Center

djackson.192657
2008-11-11, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know what is causing a standard ceiling grid to go askew when exporting as an .fbx and importing in 3DS max? Every project I work on it does this, throwing off center the recessed cans, diffusers, returns or anything centered on the grid. It has to be some kind of bug and I'd love to know how to avoid it.

*Edit I'm using Revit 2009 and 3DS Max Design 2009

djackson.192657
2008-11-13, 11:39 PM
Ok, Im gonna have to bump this. It's definitely a mapping issue and Revit and Max arent communicating for some reason. I thought through .fbx these types of issues were supposed to be solved. I can't be the only one experiencing this as it happens to me every time on every computer.

Steve_Stafford
2008-11-14, 12:15 AM
Were the grids moved/adjusted from their original position when the ceilings were created?

In the past there was a bug with such ceilings when exported to dwg and dgn where the grid would revert to their original position in the exported file. This might be a recurrence of that issue for FBX since the people that created this function may not have been aware of the earlier issue and therefore didn't provide a way to resolve it. Just a guess.