PDA

View Full Version : connector symbology

Liamnacuac
2008-11-11, 10:11 PM
Well, since this was probably designed years and years ago with Architecture, it probably can't be changed, BUT,,,,

I think the connector arrows should align with direction of flow in MEP

That is a wish of mine. Pretty far down on the wish list. I imagine the problem is legacy of older users getting used to it being possibly backwards.

JoelLondenberg
2008-11-12, 05:29 PM
Right now the connector arrow shows the direction that the duct/pipe will go. I agree that we could have more info regarding flow, but don't change the arrow.

Liamnacuac
2008-11-12, 10:38 PM
Right now the connector arrow shows the direction that the duct/pipe will go. I agree that we could have more info regarding flow, but don't change the arrow.

It seems rather redundant though,, having an arrow on a connector? When you connect to it, the arrow doesn't appear, just the connector symbol.
Maybe a different "type of connector that handles flow, that way there wouldn't be a revision to the existing connector?

jason.martin
2008-11-13, 01:30 AM
Sorry for being dense here, but can someone please explain to me what a connector arrow is?

jason

Michael.c
2008-11-13, 05:45 AM
Sorry for being dense here, but can someone please explain to me what a connector arrow is?

jason

Jason

The connector arrow indicates which DIRECTION the connecting piece of duct / pipe etc continues to. It IS NOT an indication of the direction of airflow or waterflow. Click on the arrow and it will toggle backwards and forwards to the way you want it to point....

Michael

jason.martin
2008-11-13, 01:28 PM
Ohh, when your placing or editing them in family editor. Sorry, I missed the concept of being in family editor completely and was trying to imagine this in the project file.

Thanks!

jason

elaforge
2008-11-20, 02:02 PM
In regard to the duct connector symbol.... Does anyone know why iwhen I place a supply and return on a plane I am not able to toggle the direction of the arrow. The arrow shows up and I click on it and get no result. Also in regard to placing a connector on a face vs. a plane....you don't seem to have the smae control in locating it when its placed (on a face). Does anyone have any feedback to either of these two issues. Thanks.

eglover
2008-12-17, 09:15 PM
When you place a connector on a face, it automatically centers itself on that face. I often make 1/4" extrusions where I want my connector to center itself. I have never tried placing a connector on a plane, and while I am sure there are reasons to do so, I have never come across one.