PDA

View Full Version : Demolishion to Existing Wall

s17sharin
2008-11-12, 07:04 PM
Hi guys
Having problem or should i say dont now how to demolish part of the existing wall to create an opening. Its a 2 storey building and is shown as new in first stage and existing in 2nd stage, in its existing stage i wish to demolish part of it to create an opening for the door. how would i do it so that first stage is not affected but in 2nd stage i can view the demolished wall..
2nd Question:
How is it possible to create the roof as shown in the pdf file attached

violet78
2008-11-12, 10:00 PM
For part 1, sounds like you need to edit the profile of the wall and sketch the opening where you want it. Then, add another wall segment the same size as that opening, set those ends to "Disallow Join", and set the segment to demo.

jsteinhauer
2008-11-12, 10:52 PM
Hi guys
Having problem or should i say dont now how to demolish part of the existing wall to create an opening. Its a 2 storey building and is shown as new in first stage and existing in 2nd stage, in its existing stage i wish to demolish part of it to create an opening for the door. how would i do it so that first stage is not affected but in 2nd stage i can view the demolished wall..
2nd Question:
How is it possible to create the roof as shown in the pdf file attached

It sounds as though you already have phasing embedded into your project. I would look at is as Phase 1 is Beginning New Construction, Phase 2 is Demolition of Existing, Phase 3 is Final New Construction.

I think if you set up new views (duplicate view), and change the phase filter of that view you can assign new elements to that phase. Be sure to assign all elements to the correct phase.

For example you have your completed phase 1. That becomes existing is phase 2. When you place the door/framed opening in Phase 3, you assign when it will be constructed. There should be a need to have multiple walls built up on top of each other.

I hope this helps. If anyone has had an issue with the process I just described, please let me know. I've only done a few phasing projects so far.

Jeff S.

s17sharin
2008-11-13, 12:06 AM
Any answers to Q2?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-11-13, 12:30 AM
Check out 'Roof by Extrusion' in the help files. That should provide the answer.
if you're still stuck check back and we'll help you further.

s17sharin
2008-11-13, 02:39 AM
Roof Extrusion doesnt work here so i tried using a create command. n so far its working dont know if i did it right or not!.
Next Question:
If i have wall and i wish to create design options for that wall like inserting a window on one option and for the other option insert a door. do i have to create to different walls for that matter. or is it i can leave the wall where it is n create to different design; window n door. can any1 help as m stuck in the project. new user to revit

jsteinhauer
2008-11-19, 10:25 PM
Roof Extrusion doesnt work here so i tried using a create command. n so far its working dont know if i did it right or not!.
Next Question:
If i have wall and i wish to create design options for that wall like inserting a window on one option and for the other option insert a door. do i have to create to different walls for that matter. or is it i can leave the wall where it is n create to different design; window n door. can any1 help as m stuck in the project. new user to revit

You should be able to insert an object into a wall in different options without creating another wall. Option 1 has a window in this location, where option two has a door. The only issue I've come across where Revit pitches a fit is when I have an existing building, and in the different options I want to start demolishing walls. When you go into the option you're not able to change the base model. So, we wound up copying the existing walls into the Option and setting the walls to demo. This was done on an options workset so you could control the visibility.

Hope this helps,
Jeff S.