PDA

View Full Version : How Is This Wall Modeled?

saeborne
2008-11-12, 07:20 PM
Hi all,

I'm working with a file, that has a wall family, with which I am unfamiliar. Please see the attached image and revit model.

This wall doesn't seem to be an in-place family. I can do all sorts of wall specific commands. For example, i can control the profile sketch.

But it's got this "base" element attached to it, as part of the wall family.

It doesn't appear to be a stacked wall.

How is this done? Can someone point me in the right direction, so I can read up on the topic?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Andre Carvalho
2008-11-12, 07:35 PM
This is just a sweep attached to the wall assembly... If you check the wall properties > Edit New > Edit > Sweeps > you will notice a sweep profile loaded and applied to the wall's base.

Andre Carvalho

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-12, 07:35 PM
I didnt DL the file, but:

Go in the properties of the wall, click Edit, then click edit to get in to the structure.

At the bottom left, hit the preview button, and switch it from plan to section, which should activate the sweeps button on the right side, and you should see the profile of it in the section.

Yesyes?

cliff collins
2008-11-12, 08:49 PM
But if the Sweep is applied in the Wall Family as described, then should it not be continuous? Or can it be "grip edited?" once applied to the wall?

Oh, and since we are on the subject:

how about scheduling it, and keynoting/material tagging it?

anyone?

cheers......

Scott Womack
2008-11-12, 09:55 PM
But if the Sweep is applied in the Wall Family as described, then should it not be continuous? Or can it be "grip edited?" once applied to the wall?

Oh, and since we are on the subject: how about scheduling it, and keynoting/material tagging it?

Yes, you can edit the sweep, after the wall is in place. No currently you cannot tag it, with the possible exception of a Material Tag. (I have not tried that.) Keynoting does not work in it either, keynoting only picks up on the wall. My guess is that when it is inside the wall style, it is NOT a true nested family that the annotation can latch "onto". Yes, I realize there may be a profile family in there, but they are a "special" catagory that is, but is not a model family somehow.

cadman6735
2008-11-13, 05:32 PM
How do you edit the sweep once the wall is in place?

Scott Womack
2008-11-13, 05:36 PM
How do you edit the sweep once the wall is in place?

By using the tab key, until there are blue dots at the ends of the sweep.