PDA

View Full Version : Quarter of an aperture in a wall.

Aleksandr Sett
2004-10-05, 07:55 AM
How correctly to construct a quarter of an aperture in a wall? With display in 3D. In ADT it " wall opening endcap ". Prompt please.

SkiSouth
2004-10-05, 11:02 AM
Can you illustrate? - I'm dense - I don't follow..

adegnan
2004-10-05, 12:10 PM
I suspect this belongs in the "general" forum?

willbeone, this forum is for "real life" construction discussion. Revit-specific questions belong in the "general" revit forum.

And sorry that I can't answer as I do not understand your goal, either!

Martin P
2004-10-05, 02:11 PM
Can you post an example of what you mean by Aperture?

to make cut out shapes in a wall you would use a VOID, in a FAMILY and use the CUT GEOMETRY command.

Andre Baros
2004-10-05, 02:25 PM
Sounds to me like an issue of wall wraps. If you have an aperture in a wall, an opening, you can control the end caps of the wall at the opening with the "wraps" setting in the wall properties. When you edit the structure of a wall you can set which layers wrap over the end and which stop short.

PeterJ
2004-10-05, 03:16 PM
You mean an aperture that is a whole entirety but only cuts one quarter the depth of the wall?

You could use an inplace family with a void that cuts the wall - this should be fairly straightforward tutorial stuff - or if the pattern repeats you could use a wall hosted family doing the same thing - again pretty much straight from the tutorials.

Nic M.
2004-10-05, 04:53 PM
do you mean this?
Just guessing..
same window family, done with voids

bluegreen
2004-10-06, 08:58 AM
I’m an old hat with AutoDesk products Acad and ADT but relatively new to Revit, so still going through a teething period. I am ecstatic about what I see Revit can do with seemingly les or little effort. One thing that bothered me was cavity walls and how elements display with the open sides. When I saw your representation I was thrilled. Can you please tell me how it is done? Much appreciated.

Aleksandr Sett
2004-10-06, 09:06 AM
Thanks.
I shall try to understand.
If it is possible send an example of family.

SkiSouth
2004-10-06, 11:11 AM
Bluegreen,
Welcome aboard. In your wall definitions, (when you edit how a wall is constructed), right below the listing of materials to make up your wall is a table of "default wrappings". This is where you select how Revit is to treat openings and the end of walls. Enjoy..

Nic M.
2004-10-06, 11:16 AM
It should be in your mailbox

SkiSouth
2004-10-06, 11:19 AM
Thanks.
I shall try to understand.
If it is possible send an example of family.

Willbeone,

Your English is good.(My Russian is Ochin Blowho -and do not know Ukranian) When you post a message you have use advanced posting to add an attachment. After you select the window to post a quick message, select the button on the bottom that says "Go Advanced" . Under "Additional Options" Select "Attach Files".

Aleksandr Sett
2004-10-07, 09:08 AM
Sic!

Look result of your help.
Family of a window.

Aleksandr Sett
2004-10-12, 07:47 AM
If it is possible, your comments.