PDA

View Full Version : Interior footings

eric.110455
2008-11-13, 06:21 PM
Whats the best practice for interior footings for a residence? I created a 4" thk concrete slab and then used the edge slab tool to add my perimeter footing and it works perfect, however, how do I add those edge "profiles" directly under an interior bearing wall (not an edge)?

Thanks for your help

johnf.77896
2008-11-13, 07:14 PM
Eric, we use pad footings for interior footings in the residential projects that we do. They work great, you can schedule them and add any info to them that you want.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

Carlos GT
2008-11-13, 08:29 PM
You can add slab edges profiles (footings) to your slab and set your view range properties in a way that you can see the slab edge and the bottom of your footing, then you can use the line work tool to make the lines that you want "hidden". This would be the case for a monolithic footing.

eric.110455
2008-11-13, 10:05 PM
Eric, we use pad footings for interior footings in the residential projects that we do. They work great, you can schedule them and add any info to them that you want.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

your pad footings, can they be continous footings? I thought a pad footing was more for a point load? (Remember I'm New) Does anyone use walls for footings, are they a pain to use?

johnf.77896
2008-11-13, 10:36 PM
Eric for continuous footings under say a wall, you need to go to the "structural" tab on the left menu then "foundation" you have 3 to choose from, "wall, isolated and slab" if you pick wall it will add a footing to the bottom of the wall that you choose. Like most things in revit you have the default and then you can edit that item to make what you need. Isolated are the pad footings, you can make them any size or configuration that you would ever want.

John Fleming
GMK Architecture, inc.

eric.110455
2008-11-14, 06:23 AM
that sounds easy
thanks for the help

d.stairmand
2008-12-03, 04:24 AM
We also use Structural Beams for Slab Thickenings