if I place a section line trough it, it shows only the bounding box of the wall

If I draw the same wall straight and section it

it shows correct

Missed something?
Nic Maes
Belgium

sbrown
2003-08-14, 03:14 PM
Your not missing anything, whenever you can't cut truely orthagonally thru a wall you can get this behavior, can you add a small section of straight wall on one end of the arc then use that for you section. The other option is to create the section elsewhere and use the ref. section to tag it.

tatlin
2003-08-14, 05:52 PM
Scott, this is not correct:

Your not missing anything, whenever you can't cut truely orthagonally thru a wall you can get this behavior, can you add a small section of straight wall on one end of the arc then use that for you section. The other option is to create the section elsewhere and use the ref. section to tag it.

Revit is able to show the compound layers of arced and straight walls even when the view does not cut though them perpendicularly.

Nic,
Could you check the section view's Detail Level setting. Compound layers only are shown if the Detail Level is set to Medium or Fine. Setting this to Course will give you the picture you describe.

This could also be a bug related to a particular wall type you have created. If changing the view setting has no effect, please call your reseller and have them contact us. You could also post the file or image here for troubleshooting.

Matt Jezyk
Autodesk Revit

Nic M.
2003-08-18, 08:13 AM
Scott & matt

Thanks for the reply
I'm evaluating the software in demo mode so I can not send You a file but I've made some screen captures. Hope this clarify things.

Detail level setting is set to medium

Btw I think the software is great, gonna jump on board anytime soon now

nic