PDA

View Full Version : Lineweight issue

harkeychad
2008-11-14, 01:55 PM
We are switching over to R2009 from Autocad and in Cadd you could screen (%) your lines. I have looked in Revit but can not figure out how I turn the color persay to a % of gray instead of black. The thickness is fine, just want various ways to have the tone down some. I do see the color in the line styles, but isn't this just for looking on the screen? I tried certain linestyle-lineweights on the gray and medium gray from the basic colors and they print out the same

twiceroadsfool
2008-11-14, 02:35 PM
When you Print, under the print settings do you have the color selector (right side) set to plot colors as black, as color, or as grayscale?

harkeychad
2008-11-14, 02:41 PM
I have it set to black, but tried grayscale and those lines that I picked as gray all come out the same. I want different % for different linetypes. Do I just need to make the colors for the linetypes a different shade of gray?

sbrown
2008-11-14, 02:46 PM
Yes , just decide on values of grey that print the way you want, you'll need to do some trial and error as many OCE's have trouble with thin grey lines. Just create a bunch of new line types with diff grey tones at diff pen widths print and see what you like.