PDA

View Full Version : Room Properties

oskyaqui
2008-11-17, 06:12 PM
Is there a way of copying the properties of a Room to other Rooms? I mean all finishes in this case…, and then I wouldn’t have to re-enter the info into rooms with the same finishes…,
Would be possible to have Room Types in a template with all the finishes already assigned for each type of room?, and then you just assign these room type to your room and you’ll have your schedules filled…

Thanks a lot

DaveP
2008-11-17, 06:30 PM
Sounds like you need to look into Key Schedules.
They'll do most of what you're looking for. There's no easy way to Import a list of Rooms or Copy a Room's Properties, but the Key Schedules will allow you to create room "types", which will then fill in the rest of the Schedule

oskyaqui
2008-11-17, 06:38 PM
Thanks Dave, I will get into Key Schedules and try it...

Calvn_Swing
2008-11-17, 06:43 PM
Absolutely,

There are actually some great AUGI posts on it if you want to search for them. The quick version is that there are two ways:

1. Schedule Keys. Define the Key Value (Room Type) and then set the materials for this type. Then, add the Schedule Key parameter to your room finish schedule along with the other parameters in the key schedule and pick the key value for each room. This works as long as you don't ever need to deviate from the standard.

2. (My preferred method) Use the department parameter, or create your own shared room parameter like room type or something, or if all else fails the comments parameter, to specify which rooms are of what type. Try going to the floor plan, turning on room visibility in the VG menu (including the subcategories for reference and interior fill), and then ctrl+selecting all the rooms of a given type then clicking the properties button and typing in "Classrooms" or whatever just once for those rooms. This way you can quickly assign types to rooms. Once done, duplicate your room finish schedule, go to the sorting and grouping tab, and then sort by room type and uncheck "itemize each instance". This will effectively roll up all the rooms of a given type into one line of the schedule. You can fill out the information for the finishes for those rooms once, and it will fill all the rooms of that type. Sounds a little more complicated than option 1, but in practice this one tends to be a lot easier to work with.

Good luck!

oskyaqui
2008-11-17, 08:19 PM
Thank you very much Kelly, that helps a lot...